A Bit About... Me!

Hey everyone! My name is Samantha Mason and I am currently a Junior attending the University of South Alabama. My major is Social Science Education and I will one day be teaching high school students. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2011 and will then continue my studies in graduate school.


Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Bit About... Blogs!

It seems that almost everyone, everywhere is now blogging. Blogging is the new way to connect with people world wide. For those that do not know, a blog is a type of website usually maintained by an individual with regular entries such as commentary, events, videos, and podcasts. Creating a blog is simple! Just create an account, pick out your layout, adjust the settings to your preference, and start blogging. The instructions are step by step so you shouldn't get lost.

If you think that blogs are for personal use only, you are wrong! Blogs are for anyone and everyone. Teachers are even using blogs. There are even classroom and student blogs. One thing that I think is very cool is that classrooms can keep in touch with other classrooms world wide using their blogs! This would be an excellent tool to use in the classroom. It could engage students in a different type of learning. I plan to explore the benefits of blogging in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment