A Bit About... Me!

Hey everyone! My name is Samantha Mason and I am currently a Junior attending the University of South Alabama. My major is Social Science Education and I will one day be teaching high school students. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2011 and will then continue my studies in graduate school.


Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Bit About... iTunes & Podcasts!

Recently I discovered something new about something that I use everyday. The something new I discovered was podcasts and the thing I use daily is iTunes! I thought that iTunes was just a place to buy and store music, but this is not the case. There is a whole other side to iTunes called podcasting. Turns out there is a podcast for almost any topic you can think of! There are even video podcasts for those of us that need the visual effects along with the information. (I am one of those people!)

Finding the podcast section is simple. First you go to the iTunes store and find the genres section. Look until you find podcasts and then go from there. There are many different categories to browse through. Since I am an education major I used the education section and then narrowed my search to K-12. The most common podcasts I found were about math and reading. Podcasts like these could be of great use in my classroom. There may be a student who needs a little extra help in a particular area, and since kids are so technology advanced these days, I could show the student a podcast. It would be a fun and easy way to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment