A Bit About... Me!

Hey everyone! My name is Samantha Mason and I am currently a Junior attending the University of South Alabama. My major is Social Science Education and I will one day be teaching high school students. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2011 and will then continue my studies in graduate school.


Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Bit About... iGoogle!

I recently created an iGoogle homepage for my education class. I must admit that at first I was a little skeptical about it. I am not really sure what my reason was for being skeptical but I soon changed my way of thinking. The igoogle homepage is amazing! It is like having another section of your classroom on google! I can create tabs that relate to certain topics and fill the tabs with fun helpful information for my students. On my homepage I have a Home tab with general applications, a Resources tab with different educational sites to visit, a World History tab with fun and interesting events from all over the world, and a fun and games tab where my students can go to relax and just have fun!

Some of the things you can add to your homepage include sticky notes, google reader, gmail, games, fun facts, calendars, clocks, etc. You can also add RSS feeds to the homepage. RSS feeds are used to publish frequently updated works. For example, an RSS feed that I added to my page is the New York Times. Each day the information on the feed will change. There are many other RSS feed applications that can be added. There are even sites where you can convert any website into an RSS feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment