A Bit About... Me!

Hey everyone! My name is Samantha Mason and I am currently a Junior attending the University of South Alabama. My major is Social Science Education and I will one day be teaching high school students. I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2011 and will then continue my studies in graduate school.


Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Bit About... Google Earth!

Google Earth is probably one of the coolest gadgets I have used today! I first saw it used in one of my classrooms. My teacher had a hard time describing the area in detail so he decided to show us using Google Earth. We were actually looking at Paris, France in real time! I was so amazed that when I got out of class I went straight to my computer to play with it more. There is even a way to look at places from a street level! Apparently Google sent out cars to take pictures of the surroundings while driving down the road. I had to show it to everyone I knew!

Google Earth is a great tool to use in the classroom. It can also be accessed from your homepage if you have an iGoogle account. It can be used exactly how my teacher used it. Instead of making students imagine what a place may look like, let them see it in real life! It would almost be like taking them on a virtual field trip. Google Earth will definitely be a part of my future history lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment